Thursday, February 1, 2007

Slam dunk!

Tonight was basketball game night again. Then onto dinner we went at "the hang-out" diner in town where Cori always runs into friends, especially after games. I don't know how many points Cori scored this evening; I couldn't keep up. But her team won 52 to 2. Her coach had to tell the girls to slow down and stop making so many baskets because they were making the other team look so horrible. Cori said after the game that she was really glad when the opponents scored the one basket; she did not want them to have 0 points. What a good sport! Cori didn't play as much as usual. Since her team was so far ahead, her coach decided to rest the starters and let the other players have more chances to play. Only one more basketball game this season; we are sure going to miss these. I plan on taking the camera to the next game. We are trying to encourage her to sign up for soccer and/or softball again outside of school but she is not interested at the moment. I think she likes to keep her after-school schedule open for her social life with friends. We'll keep working on her though. You know teenagers; they change their minds from one day to the next.

No comments: