Thursday, March 1, 2007

Ms. Smarty Pants

Get ready for some braggin' We received Cori's ACT results. She got a 26! It is scored from a 1 to 36. We are SO, SO proud! I cried to each person I told the day we got her results. I believe that a score of 22 qualifies for scholarships. We have the details of how she scored against the high school graduates. In April, we will get the details of how she scored against her 7th grade peers around the nation that were eligible to test.

So here's the breakdown of what we have so far:

Only 11% of high school graduates who tested in Texas scored above her
Only 14% of high school graduates who tested in the U.S. scored above her
She made a 29 on the English portion, a 23 on the Math portion, a 28 on the Reading portion and a 24 on the Science portion.

I know her score qualifies her for some rewards and special camps. Be ready to hear more about this in April when we get notification from Duke University. When you talk to Cori, be sure to congratulate her. I don't think she is grasping how great this is. Did I say we were proud?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Good going Cori!! I'll look forwrad to hearing more about the rewards for such a great score. Aways knew you were smart!! Must get that (and the good looks) from me!!

GREAT