Monday, September 17, 2007

Bryson turns 1 year old

Bryson turned one on Friday! What a wonderful day for him. At first, I was not rushing for him to turn one yet because I guess at one year old, babies are now considered "toddlers". I was not looking forward to losing my "baby". Well, the morning of Bryson's birthday I had tears in my eyes that he was finally turning one. However, as I was watching him play, feed himself breakfast and have a good time keeping himself entertained, I suddenly realized that he really was no longer a baby. I instantly became so happy as I embraced the fact that Bryson is a toddler now and onto another new and exciting stage of his life that I know we will enjoy as much as he. He really is a big boy now!
He had a wonderful birthday day; we had a playdate at our house with lunch and Bryson enjoyed seeing friends and playing. Thanks to Patrick, Dylan, Bradley, Callie, Josh, Aimee, Michelle and Allison (and her mom Susan) for coming to play and bringing Bryson suprises too. Just look at his first favorite. He carried around one of the gift bags for 30 minutes while he played.
Bryson has been in the best mood ever since the morning of his birthday. It's like he really knows he has reached a major milestone. Just look at this goofy smile from the morning of his birthday.

Cori made Bryson a caterpillar cake for his family birthday party. How cute! It had two parts vanilla and two parts chocolate. My parents came down to celebrate and spend some time with both kiddos for their birthdays.
We gave Bryson the whole caterpillar head to eat from. It was huge! He was so funny wanting to eat his cake with a fork. He was eating his cake so neatly that I just had to break it open into pieces hoping he would get messy. When that failed, I just decided to smear some frosting on his face myself to get some good pictures.

No comments: