My parents came to visit for both the kids' birthdays. Mom watched Bryson so Aaron and I could go out to dinner together for the second time since Bryson was born, boy was that nice! Then again she watched Bryson for Cori's birthday so that Aaron, Cori and I could go out to dinner. This was the first time the three of us had ever done anything without Bryson. It was much needed and long overdue, just like old times.
The weekend of Cori's birthday, I took Cori and her best friend, Jordan, to a huge mall to go shopping. This was her birthday wish. She received plenty of gift money and had a fun time spending most of it at her favorite store, PacSun. Her and Jordan have plans on taking a road trip together when they turn sixteen so Cori saved some money to plan for that. Jordan's parents and us agree that the girls need a couple of years of driving experience first, but it doesn't hurt for them to still save. Cori received various gifts from us to include one very special. We ordered her 8 cans of boysenberries from online. You see, Cori has been on a mad search for a boysenberry pie for years now. My family and I have searched trying to find one for her and I finally found a way to order the canned berries. We are so looking forward to making a homemade pie with them.
Cori is at the age now to where she does not like me taking her picture unless she looks perfectly done up. Therefore, I don't get to take as many pictures of her as I would like but I did manage to snap this one of her holding her boysenberries on her birthday. She would freak if she knew I posted it!
No comments:
Post a Comment