Bryson's Gerber puffs are so much better at hotels than at home.
We visited New Orleans and then left to stay the night in Tallahassee. It was so sad to still see all of the damaged homes and buildings in the New Orleans area. The downtown atmosphere and people were just as we remembered them and I am sure it will be a time Cori will never forget. It is such a different world there; what a personality that city has. We stopped at Target in Tallahassee to get some grub to cook. We were tired of fast food. I will never forget this night. Aaron picked out buffalo chicken tenders but we didn't think to get any oil or anything so he tried to cook them on the stove in a skillet (because I said they would be soggy in the microwave) and our whole hotel suite was filled with smoke. I was so afraid the fire alarm was going to trigger and the sprinklers would come on in the room or even the whole hotel. That would have not been funny at the time but eventually would be. I opened all the windows and we seemed to escape any catastrophes. Cori manage a chicken pot pie ok with her sore teeth; she bravely was moving up the culinary chain.
More mirrors to look at in Tallahassee.
No comments:
Post a Comment