Friday, June 1, 2007

Road Trip

At this moment, I am sitting in the car typing while we are on our way from Baton Rouge to New Orleans. As most of you know, we are on our Disney World trip. I really wanted to make sure we stop in New Orleans on the way to Orlando. Cori had donated a good sum of money to the victims of Katrina and we want to show her the city. We are planning on showing her Bourbon street, of course, and the French Quarter area. It has been a long time since either Aaron or I have been here. Last time I was here, I had bought a hat from Margaritaville and Aaron and I had just started dating. He had “borrowed” my hat and I had to marry him to try and get it back, which didn’t work. The hat has seen better days so we are hoping to get another, maybe this time I’ll actually get to wear it.
Here is a picture of Bryson checking out the mirror in our hotel room. He had such a good time smiling at the baby looking back at him.

Yesterday was our longest driving day and Bry started to get fussy. He had woken up and wanted to crawl around and he was stuck in that mean car seat. Luckily I had thought at the last minute to bring one of the DVD players and we popped in an Einstein video and it worked so well! Cori sang and clapped along with him and he was happy. She is such a good, big sister. What stinks is that I cannot sit in the backseat and help or even talk. If he sees me or hears me, it’s all over, he will start crying and reaching for me. It’s better he think I am not around I guess. We are just now driving over the forever long bridge getting into New Orleans, the water is already so high. One thing that I quickly remembered about this area last night is the fishy smell in the air, eww! Cori is wanting to eat some alligator again like she did on our Shreveport trip. I think we may have to do that on our way back, she cannot chew it right now. Poor baby.



Is this the Riverwalk?

No, its the inside of the hotel. It really was gorgeous.

There are koi in the ponds, waterfalls and many beautiful, tropical plants.

This is what it looked like from our floor.



What a great backdrop for some early morning pictures. It's so hard to get a teenager to smile this early.

















OK, so it's hard to get a baby to smile this early also.

No comments: