Today we spent the whole day in the Magic Kingdom theme park at Disney World. It was so fun and so hot! Our first stop was for this photo opportunity in front of the castle. Notice how Bryson still has his shirt on. Halfway through the day we took it off and he was just in his overalls. It was so hot and he was so cute!
The first ride we rode was the Pirates of the Caribbean. Bryson even rode and loved this. We could tell he recognized the chickens and dogs that were part of this adventure. He sees those same types of animals on his Einstein videos. He loved watching all the characters move and enjoyed the ride in the boat.
We stayed until the park closed and I think we rode all the rides except Space Mountain. We were going to do that at the end of the night but it had a long line and I think Cori was a little scared so we skipped it. Of course we had to watch the traditional fireworks at 10:00 as well. They were beautiful.I loved all the birds, ducks and animals that were around and obviously so used to people that they did not seem to mind us all occupying their space. Here is a heron who stood still for me to take a picture of him, how handsome he is.
Bryson went on his first carousel ride while his sister held onto him. He was in total awe all day just looking at all of the pretty colors, the characters and all the people around him.
One of my favorite attractions at the theme parks were the 3D shows. I have only seen a couple before, like Spy Kids (which really didn't work for me) but the shows at Disney are really good. Everyone was reaching out trying to touch the images in front of them and you could feel the wind blow or the rain fall. They were really fun to attend. Bryson liked to try to chew the 3D glasses but I managed to get a shot of him and Daddy before he did too much damage.
What was the longest line we stood in? Was it to wait for a ride? No, it was to meet Mickey! I really wanted a picture of the kids with Mickey so Cori, Bryson and I waited in the forever long line to meet him. Well, after waiting for a very long time and holding my patient baby we were finally only about 5 people away when Bryson decided it was naptime. He won't remember meeting Mickey but I have pictures to prove it. Cori was so nice to hold her brother for their pictures together.
This is Bryson toward the end of the day. I have so many pictures of Bryson chewing on straps. He is so silly. He loves straps: straps on the highchair, grocery cart, car seat, mom's purse, dad's cargo pants, mom's shirts, shoelaces, bumper pads, seat cushions, you name it, he chews them or at least the ones I let him.
Cori was really excited and wanted to race her dad in the racecars. After getting through the line, she discovered that each racecar had it's own rail that it stayed on and you could not bump into anyone around you. She was bummed but they still had a good time.
Cori sewing at Minnie's house...The end of the day and we are all wore out!

No comments:
Post a Comment